ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 - Where I'm going. . .

Gridiron Arizona

Aug 19, 2015
An abbreviated slate this week as 44 teams in the 6A & 5A have their bye weeks. One team that's already had its bye is defending-champion Liberty. I'll be headed up to Peoria for the Lions' game this Friday against Pinnacle.

Pinnacle (4-2) has only lost to La Cueva (NM) and ALA-Queen Creek - both are undefeated. The Pioneers have experienced QB Wyatt Horton, an Idaho State commit, who has 15 TD passes in his senior season. PHS has spread it around as the team is averaging 237 passing yards per game, but no individual receiver has more than 300 receiving yards on the year.

Liberty (4-1) has won 16 consecutive games against Arizona competition. Saguaro was the last to defeat the Lions in the 2022 Open semis. Liberty is coming off a resounding 45-20 win at Chandler. The Lions led that game 35-7 at the half. QB Hayden Fletcher has 1207 passing yards and 11 TDs. Sophomore Braxton Huynh leads LHS in receiving with 456 yards and 6 TDs.

Last year, Liberty won this game 57-19. Can the Pioneers make it a better game this year? I'll be on hand in North Peoria to find out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.