ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 - Where I'm going. . . .

Gridiron Arizona

Aug 19, 2015
The second half of the regular season begins with region play and I'm heading out to Glendale to see Ironwood against Agua Fria in what should be a competitive matchup. Both teams come in with 3-2 records.

Agua Fria is happy to be 3-2 as the Owls have won three straight. Last week, AFHS retained the River Rock when it stopped Tolleson on a 2-point conversion in the game's final minute to claim a 27-25 win. Unfortunately, Agua Fria hasn't entered offensive stats all year, so it will be a mystery to see what they have. I do know they return RB Jayvier Cook, who was a 1,200-yard rusher last season.

Ironwood started out 3-0 with wins over three Phoenix Union schools (two on the game's final play) before losses to Kellis & Verrado. The Eagles have already surpassed last year's win total from a 2-8 campaign. Since IHS has entered offensive stats, we'll give some love to Khavontae Paul. The junior QB is a dual-threat and has ran for 732 yards and 8 TDs in the first 5 games. This will be my first trip out to Ironwood since the 2018 season.

Last year, this game was a good one as Agua Fria prevailed 28-26. We'll see if this one comes down to the end as well to see who claims their 4th win and begins 5A Northwest Region play at 1-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.