ADVERTISEMENT

ATTENTION COACHES!!!! Division II Sectionals

CoachKing33

Three Star Poster
Jul 4, 2005
I wanted to post this here in hopes of igniting a major discussion about the sectional playoffs for Division II. It is of my opinion that we must ALL be on the same page in regards to sectional tourneys. I feel it is imperative that we either all have sectionals or none of us have sectionals. Personally, I think we should go the route as the Division I coaches chose, and do without sectionals. Again, that is my personal opinion, as I think it would be nice to have another week to spread some games out so we don't have weeks with 3 games or at the very least have a week to rest and prepare for the state playoffs for those of us who are lucky enough to get in.

My MAJOR CONCERN is the chaos that would undoubtedly take place if some sections decide to have sectionals and others do not. We've seen in the past few years alone how the power points have been affected during sectional tourney week with some teams not even in sectionals climbing into the state tourney bracket. I don't think we want to further add to that chaos by not being all being on the same page. I'm welcome to discussion but I do know this coaches, you better get yourselves involved in the process before we get thrown into something we don't want and the season is quickly approaching. Please express your thoughts, if not on here, to your respective AD's.

Thanks and have a great day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News