ADVERTISEMENT

Desert Vista head coaching candidates

Zalvira

One Star Poster
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2020
With the news that Dan Hinds is retiring, I figured why not put together a list of who we all think may be candidates to take over the Desert Vista football program.

Here's a couple of guys I think could be up for consideration from an internal standpoint:

David Klecka -- current Desert Vista freshman coach. Responsible for grooming the talent we've seen at Desert Vista the last few years. Previously coached at Perry and played under the great Karl Kiefer at McClintock.

Sean Morin -- current Desert Vista offensive coordinator. Been with the program for several years and knows it inside and out. Popular among the players and could be a seamless transition.

Externally, don't be surprised if you hear some of these names:

Eddy Zubey -- current Higley head coach. Desert Vista is in his backyard.

Jeremy Hathcock -- current Desert Ridge head coach. Mike Deignan, the principal at Desert Vista, was previously at Desert Ridge so the relationship is there

My sleeper/long shot candidate:

Steve Belles -- while I believe the district would not approve this hire, some believe Desert Vista is looking to make a splash with a big name. There's obvious baggage with Belles, but at what point do you give him another shot?

Of course, this list is pure speculation. But I'm curious to see who you guys think could be candidates to take over Desert Vista.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News