Where in the Valley is Gridiron going? - Semifinals

Discussion in 'The Gridiron Arizona Forum' started by Gridiron Arizona, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Gridiron Arizona

Gridiron Arizona Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Each week, I make the trek out to a school in the Metro Phoenix area to watch, tweet, take photos, and report on a game.

Last week, I was at Saguaro as the Sabercats displayed their dominating defense in a 49-3 dismantling of Horizon in the Open quarterfinals.

This week, it's a double dip with the playoffs resuming Friday for the 6A, 5A, and 4A and the Open games on Saturday.

On Friday, I'll be at Campo Verde for a San Tan showdown between Casteel (9-3) and Williams Field (10-2). Both teams are on a roll with Casteel toting a 5-game win streak and Williams Field at 10 in a row. Both schools broke 70 last week in quarterfinal wins, so the offenses are peaking.

On Saturday, it will be a battle of the unbeatens with Salpointe (10-0) taking on Chandler (11-0) at Hamilton HS. A defense of Malik Reed, Gunner Maldonado and Tate Romney will look to corral Salpointe's offense featuring Bijan Robinson, Treyson Bourguet, and Lathan Ransom. Ransom goes both ways and it will be up to him, Trent Strong, Connor Witthoft, and Coben Bourguet to slow down the Wolves' offense with Dae Dae Hunter, Mikey Keene, and Kyion Grayes. Star power all around as the winner will punch a ticket to the first Open Division title game.