ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 - Where I’m going. . .

Gridiron Arizona

Aug 19, 2015
It’s been 7 years since I’ve seen a game at Bemis Field. Heading out to Scottsdale this week to see Notre Dame Prep against Cactus Shadows.

Cactus Shadows (5-3) has one of the state’s most exciting players in junior QB Donivan Dixon. The dual-threat has accounted for 32 touchdowns (20 passing, 12 rushing) this season. This will be the first time I’ve seen him play live (not counting 7x7 tournaments). The Falcons have been in every game and all three of their losses are by just one score. However, 5A Northeast Region games have been difficult for CSHS as the team has lost 12 straight (0-3 this year).

Notre Dame (4-3) started the year off at 4-0, but has seen the offense fall upon hard times. The Saints have scored a total of just 7 points in their three-game losing streak. The star power for NDP lies with WR Cooper Perry, an Oregon commit, who has 48 career touchdown receptions. Will the Saints be able to be creative enough on offense despite some injury woes to score points on a Falcon defense giving up 34 points per game this season?

Both teams are currently ranked in the 5A Conference and are vying for a potential home game in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.