LSU is giving NwLA a good game

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by Bama_Gator, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think I said anything about that. But are you sure.

2. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

The score was 37-14 at 9:36 mark and 44-14 at the 6:26 mark of the third quarter. The first string O was taken out at this mark and most of the entire D 1s left the game. LSU scored 7 TD in 21 consecutive minutes of playing time inthe 2nd and 3rd quarter

Brennan was QB from there on (last 20.5 minutes) and threw 9 passes and completed 8. They scored 2 TD on O and Palmer returned a punt for a TD. Burrow didn’t play the last 20 minutes of the game. LSU did not play 3 Offensive starters and 3 Defensive starters in the entire game. Some nicks against TX. Most will play against Vanderbilt.

42 Bill_D, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

The score was 7-3 at the end of the 1st qtr and 24-14 at half. LSU's O was very sluggish in the first 15 minutes. As good as LSU's O looked vs Texas, it looked horrible in the first half vs virtual air.

And for all the grief you give Bama for USCe's QB, Northwestern State's QB went for 225 yards and 2 TD's.

4. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Hhmmmm.....do I have time to run to the movie theater and buy the good stuff, or do I head to the pantry for the microwavable variety? This is a dilemma.....a quandary if you will. The movie popcorn is much better, but there might not be time! Fvvvvvvvck!

5. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

I think there will be time for either...or both.

dhetiger likes this.
  6. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

I actually can't eat popcorn because of diverticulitis.

7. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

You let medical diagnosis' and doctors determine what you can and can't do? Phag.

dhetiger likes this.
  8. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

It was more the pain from the first experience that made the determination. So, it's "pvssy" instead of "phag".

BamaFan1137 likes this.
  9. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

One of the reasons we were “sluggish” in the first quarter was that was when NWS made most of their yardage and held the ball. About 10 minutes. LSU only punted once all night and scored every other possession except the last one where they just runout the clock. The time we punted involved some penalties or something. So the offense wasn’t that sluggish.

NWS did move the ball effectively for about a quarter and a half. But after their second TD I don’t believe they made more than 1 first down. I might add our 2 best DT and our best edge rusher did not play. So of the front 4 as far as starters was the front “one”.

But you know what? I didn’t start giving the grief around here. I was just responding to Gators loud mouth.

10. Pops Masterson

Pops Masterson Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You’re making excuses for looking like shit against Northwestern State University.

billywayneluck likes this.
  11. ZosoDawg

ZosoDawg Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

NWS? Didn’t know the national weather service had a team. With that first half performance, you should be catching a hell of a lot more crap about that game

12. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Why? what’s your thoughts on it? LSU scored everytime they had the ball but twice. They run the clock out once at the end of the game and punted once. They didn’t play 6 starters. They substituted everybody except a couple of D players for the entire last 20 minutes of the game. NS had the ball on the opening KO and a second time, and used about 10 minutes on the clock in the first quarter. I don’t think they made more than one first down the rest of the game after about half way in the second quarter.