I hereby claim this section of interwebs bandwidth

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by Bama_Gator, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Let’s stick to modern era for a while. No matter who you roll out there , I can destroy them with games they lost to inferior opponents.

Bilichek / with Tom fkn Brady lost 5 games last year to inferiority teams ( in fact has done that a few years-but won the Super Bowl. Is he a great coach? Explain that to us.

2. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I never said he was fired. In fact I said...
    I can't write my posts and read them for you.

Bama_Gator likes this.
  3. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean, “modern era”?

4. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

A lot of teams that have become big time football teams while Centenary and Swanee have given up football lost to them. They were big time football in their day. Look it up. ​

5. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

But you did say Huey chewed his ass out or something like that. Huey might have wanted to do that but Jones told him in very polite firm words to leave, he had to get the team ready for the second half. Long took one look at him and left. As I said he was an army officer.

My aunt who was a student, a band member, and part time worker in the AD used to tell me about those days. She said everybody talked about how stunned they were when he told Huey to leave the locker room. Nobody talked to Long like that.

6. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

If they were good they would still be playing. They couldn’t compete- couldn’t sell tickets. No excuses. Like losing to UAB.

7. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

$1 to Shorty

dhetiger and xl883lo like this.
  8. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Lmmfao

9. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You are ignorant. They were good at that time. But you know that. Centenary was a very small college who stopped football during WWII and tried to start it after, but The MethodistChurch decided it was too expensive, but in their day they were very competitive. But if you know they played LSU you already know that. So you are trolling.. goodbye,

10. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Huey absolutely did chew Biff out. Biff didn't appreciate it and turned in his notice after the game. A game that he ended up winning btw. I'm not even sure how you could possibly try to refute those facts...though I'm certain you will.

11. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Not trolling.. no one else in Merica will ever use Biff in the same sentence as The One Who Left You.

L O L

Pops Masterson likes this.
  12. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Let’s try fully integrated. That’s a good start... considering the players are now 60-70 black. Maybe even post 85 scholarship rule.

I will challenge you to go to The Main board and Ask for anyone’s list of Top 10-20 all time great coaches ( you pick) . I will come LA and buy you dinner if any one names Biff.... and The One Who Left You IS NOT listed on all of them.

/thread

BamaFan1137 likes this.
  13. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Again, tilting at windmills. I have never said Saban wasn’t a Top coach in colleges. But there is a difference in coaching at places like AL which is a recruiting machine, both legal and illegal, and coaching at other places. There is a difference in being the coach who help initiate the football program foundations in schools such as LSU, OK, and NE. These coaches may not have the wins, championships etc as other schools but they were extremely important.

How do you rate Vince Lombardi and Saban? Which one is better? Lombardi was a college coach and trained under notables like Coach Blaik before the NYG hired him when they couldn’t get Blaik? He subsequently moved to Green Bay.

Do you rate Lombardi a great college coach? Based on their pro records how do you rate them as pro coaches considering Saban was in a situation at Miami like Orgeron was at Ole Miss?

53 Bill_D, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  14. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

You called Biff one of, if not the, best ever. BG called your bluff and offered to buy you dinner if Biff was listed on anyone's top 20 list. That sounds pretty straightforward to me.

And the fact that you still can acknowledge that Bama bends the rules recruiting while LSU does not is a much better example of someone tilting at windmills.

billywayneluck likes this.
  15. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Poor @Bill_D

16. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

OMG... when this nightmare thread about a no name HC end?

17. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I admire the way Bama bends the rules. Thru practice they have become almost perfect. LSU might bend the rules as you say, but Bama is in a class by themselves. LSU might be pretty good st too if they had a 1
    $100MM slush fund. Ours is probably pretty big but not near as big as Bama.

But In regard to the lists of coaches I told him earlier if he wanted just a list like you are talking about go to the record books. That’s definite.

I don’t think you can read. I never called Biff Jones one of the best ever. I merely asked if he considered contributions to football other than wins and championships and mentioned several coaches who contributed more than wins and losses.

Of course Biff Jones is not on a list compiled like that. I suggested some names who contributed in their own way who might not be on that list but who made major contributions. I said they wouldn’t be on any lists at the time.

But what about Lombardi and Saban? Any decision there?

What about Pete Carrol and Saban? Pete left and had great success in the NFL. Saban just left .....

18. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

@Bill_D tell me more about this bammer slush fund. How do you know it is $100M? Can you prove to me that it exists?

19. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Bill... maaaan that’s a lot of $$ to hide considering the state ( Auburn grad Governor Kay Ivey is chair of the University Board of Trustees).
    So please forward any information on infractions and info on the slush fund to www.ncaa.org/compliance...

cut and paste your message and reply

/ LOLOLOL

billywayneluck likes this.
  20. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

LSU fans and boosters have much more money than you give them credit for and Alabama boosters have less. More than LSU? Sure but the gap isn't as large as you pretend. I know this as a matter of fact. I'd be shocked if you didn't too.

Lombardi wasn't as good of a college coach as Saban. Saban wasn't as good of an NFL coach as Lombardi. Two very different games. Pete Carroll is somewhere in between both imo.

If you recall, Pete Carroll wasn't successful in his first two attempts as a HC in the NFL.

Bama_Gator likes this.