Bill, prediction for next year ? Immediate future looks bleak

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by ZosoDawg, Jan 23, 2020.

1. ZosoDawg

ZosoDawg Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

billywayneluck likes this.
  2. Pops Masterson

Pops Masterson Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I know everybody expects LSU to have a significantly down season in 2020 and if I say differently I will be called a homer. So be it.

I’m not really sure how good it will be next year but despite the losses of personnel and coaches I think LSU will have better than a decent year. I also believe other people do. In some of the “too early” forecasts for next year LSU has been ranked as high as 4th. Vegas also has them as the 4th most likely team to win the national championship. I was kind of surprised at these two things.

IMO this is the first year LSU will “reload” rather than “rebuild” since the 2012 season. Orgeron has done a good job of roster management in recruiting the last 3 classes and LSU has an experienced player who has a lot of playing at every position.

In the OL there are two returning players at every position that has 2 or 3 years experience and two of them have several or more actual starts. The center is the lone exception, but in 2019 LSU had a player that started several time at OG due to injuries and he was the backup center this year. But the only player behind him was a freshman. But there are still 2 players there.

Both Chase and Marshall will be back at WR. In addition there Is Palmer, a 2019 Class 5* and Devonte Lee, a a 2019 Rivals 5.9, and Racey McMath, who played a lot this year, at WR and TE. Actually scored several TD. Then there is Boutte, the Rivals #35 player, and a 247 5* and Koy Moore, a 5.9 WR coming in as freshman. At TE they 1 regular TE, Jamal Pettigrew, who will be 4th player. Both he and Moss had spent the 2 years before this year in a boot almost full time. They also have McMath who is more of a pas receiver. There are two TE in the 2020 class, #1 and #9. #1 aka Arik Gilbert, the National Gatorade POY. Everybody expects a lot of him. I understand he is a freak athlete.

At RB there is Emery, #2 RB in 2019 Class, Davis Price, the #7 RB 2019 Class, and Curry, a RSF from the 2018 Class, who started the OK game. Probably wind up with a RB in this class.

The biggest thing of course is replacing Burrow. Myles Brennan is the one who looks like it. He will be a 4th year player and really went to school under Burrow and Brady. I predict he wil be very good, but not Burrow. Burrow is one of those “born leaders”. But both Burrow, Brady and Munoz worked hard on him and included him in everything. He and Burrow were always doing things together, film study, whatever and spent a lot of extra time working on games plans, whatever. So I’m hoping at least some of Burrow rubbed off on him. Vegas has him ranked at #9 in the Heisman odd, just behind AL QB who is #8.

LSU is loaded on D. A great thing is that Tyler Shelvin, the NG, came back. IMO he was the unsung hero of the D. Several of the coaches also said similar things about him. He played every down he was supposed to play and was like a rock taking 2 people to block him. But we are loaded at every position on D with good experienced ball players. I would not be surprised if the 2020 D was mot better than 2019.

The biggest problem is replacing Aranda and Brady. I would like to shoot the owner of the Carolina Panthers. He has cost us 3 coaches.

For this team to gel we must replace these coaches before spring training so they can get the team organized with all the new players. LSU has been literally inundated with coaches agents who have coaches who want to interview for the Brady and Aranda jobs.

I am not as worried about the Brady job as I’m the Aranda job. Basically the spread offense Brady helped install is in place along with the drills for pass receivers he brought to LSU. Since Ensminger called over 70% of the plays. He called all the regular spread plays and Brady called most of the “Empty” and “Bunch”plays. Ensminger let Brady call these plays because he felt Brady had a better handle of those. But Ensminger always decided when to run bunch or empty. So the offensive language will not change.

On the other hand in the past every DC LSU has had wants to use his own language and verbiage calling sets and plays and the players have to literally learn a new language.

I really think LSU will have a good team but we have to get the coaches hired to have a good spring practice and Brennan must be as as good as say Mack Jones. We have a chance. So let the laughing begin.

4. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Burrow isn’t a born leader. He sucked quite a lot of ass until he found Joe Brady. It’s statements like those that have labeled you the biggest homer from here to China. And it’s not even close.

I know you like to “bend the truth” to put it politely, but you aren’t “loaded on D” either. Your D sucked major ass last year. And before you try to turn this around on bammer blah blah blah, ours sucked too, so don’t get your skirt twisted around.

5. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I shouldn’t answer this tripe but will to remind you to go tell your feelings about his leadership to the pro scouts who say one of his strongest assets is his leadership. They probably would like to be clued to your opinion.

6. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Funny how he just blossomed this leadership after years of sucking taint as a QB. But I digress.

7. Konigstiger

Konigstiger One Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I thought Burrow matured as a passer and a leader but what do I know.

I don't want to get in the way of your Bill_D trolling/trashing.

GwinnettDawg likes this.
  8. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

More than Pop.

Konigstiger likes this.
  9. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Then maybe you should follow Honk’s lead and stay out of fights in which you have no dog.

10. Konigstiger

Konigstiger One Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I suppose I should but I find it amusing how some on the board are so rustled by LSU's national championship. Maybe it's a one off deal but a lot of you are having a hard time dealing with Ed Oregon's success.

Bill_D likes this.
  11. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

If you followed Honk’s example on things from which you should stay away you would be in everything that came up. Anyway I think Pop meant that as a joke.

12. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

fvck you rivals

dhetiger likes this.
  13. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

It might be possible that you aren't doing a great job of reading between the lines.

14. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Im not rustled at all. The only way this affects bammer is in recruiting, but LSU has no trouble recruiting top talent anyway.

I’m embarrassed that someone of Orgeron’s coaching caliber beat Saban, but that’s about it. I can say the same of Melzone, Hugh Freeze, and whoever coached at Louisiana Monroe in 2007 as well, which is about what level of coaching id place the woman fighter.

Bama_Gator and billywayneluck like this.
  15. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Good lowered!!!
    I gotta dime and a donut for anyone who read that!

16. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Cheaper to buy my own.

Seems like @Bill_D is heavily influenced by Tolstoy.

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA likes this.
  17. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

You can tell when Bill doubts his own bullschit simply by how long his posts are. The longer, the more full of schit .....

18. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Nope. I am like Tolstoy. I tell it like it is. All you can do is hope I’m wrong. Did you see the list of things he presented. It takes a little time and effort.

But at least I have something to say. When ever will you? Oh, yeah. I forgot. You did say AU ruled SE basketball or something like that

19. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, well Tolstoy did tell the truth though he was sad doing it. I am not sad at the moment.

20. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

And they don’t?

21. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

IIRC Loarde Sabans Worst loss was to that football Genius .. Dennis Fkn Francionne 0-31. Couldn’t stop the Smoke Draw.

Pops Masterson likes this.
  22. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

LOL @Bill_D

23. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

24. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Shoulda said “whoop a woman’s ass. “

25. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

It’s statements like this that labels you a person with a person who knows nothing about the situation. Brady’s offense doesn’t have anything to do with the leadership joe Burrow exhibited. When you get credentials like the You have no credentials. You should listens to the scouts and coaches that talk about strong leadership being one of his attributes.

At the end of the season our D was as good as anybody in the country. I guessed you missed the GA game and the plAyoff games.

26. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Why did they get better? Sucks to be missing injured / suspended starters doesn’t it?

27. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

I rarely agree with these bammers, @Bill_D , but I’ve gotta go with gator on this one. Had Bama been full force (or Auburn, for that matter) no way LSU wins the division, much less the conference.
    But my name is Paul and this is between y’all so I’m staying out of it.

BamaFan1137 likes this.
  28. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

You have no right to agree with me on -anything - ever ;)

29. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Lol! Georgia’s offense was a shell of its former self.

30. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

As you always do.