Bill- have you seen the HBO special on the GOATs?

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by Bama_Gator, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

They spent a good bit of time on his resurrection of the doormat LSU program. Wondered what you thought about it? And had you come to grips with the firing of Dinardo to hire Saban.

I do have to admit - seeing him lift that crystal ball wearing the LSU shirt - reminded me that I hated the fvcker (like Trump ) when he was there and LMAO when Fran beat his ass 31-0.

2. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

Bump for coon ass LATAS time

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Yes Fran beat him with the best players money could buy. $250,000 for some of them. If you remember they couldn’t even use them
    In a bowl.

Just to set the record straight I have never said I did not want Saban fired and Dinardo kept.. That is a myth created by you and your ilk. As a matter of fact I recommended hiring him before anyone talked about him. A top HC in the Big 10 said that Saban was the best young coach in college football. A personal friend of the coach told me that. So I was Saban man even before he was mentioned.

What I said was that Dinardo was a good recruiter and about 3/4 of the team on the SECC 2001 team had Dinardo players on it and the 2003 NC had about 50% Dinardo. Players. They were there because Dinardo RS the entire 98 and 99 classes to build a roster. Good for the roster, bad for Dinardo. Dinardo had told a group that RS the players would result in a SECC in 2001.

4. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

If I call you a liar after this statement does it make me a liar?

5. Bama_Gator

Expand Collapse

best player money could buy huh? How many were drafted over the next 3-4 yrs vs LSU.

lsu _____
    Bama______

I’ll wait

6. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

AL was on NCAA probation. There was supposedly a deal in Memphis where the guy paid somebody $250K for a DT. Not even sure he went to AL but one year. I didn’t follow the case that much but there was stuff in the papers occasionally about the money. But the AL team was on probation.

7. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Why are the next 3-4 years important? That year was the year was last for most of the probation players.

8. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Alabama and Franchione beat LSU 31-0 in 2002. Albert Means played in 7 games for Bama in 2000, starting 4, and then left the team at the end of that season.

The point I'm making, if you didn't catch it, is that I'm doubting that Means contributed much to the 31-0 beatdown in 2002....since he played for Memphis that year.

Pops Masterson likes this.