Anyone able to translate Ed O here?

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by Orange_N_White, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Orange_N_White

Orange_N_White Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Sanctions Stand and alphatiger08 like this.
  2. Pops Masterson

Pops Masterson Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Yaw yaw compliance.

3. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

4. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Lived there for 7 years...I got nothing.

Orange_N_White likes this.
  5. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

This song/video is genius.

@Bill_D - do you know the words to it yet? The accuracy of your predications for LSU would improve drastically if you would use this song as a starting point.

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA likes this.
  6. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

All I heard was "yeah we gonna get beat my Bama again!"

7. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Sorry. Wish I could help. But I don’t even answer the phone if anybody else is in the room or there is any kind of out side noise. I do not understand conversations between me and 2 other people. I have to use closed caption on TV. All I know is the recruits really love to talk to him and really like him. Even those we don’t offer and sign. They all really like him. That’s what counts for me.

8. alphatiger08

alphatiger08 Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Same video, but I thought this caption was perfect

Orange_N_White likes this.
  9. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

If you are relying on closed caption to understand Ed Orgeron...Lololololol

Good luck with that!

10. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the “Desert Rat Board.

Just FYI- we are collectively forever grateful to Shrek for putting an end to the UCF buffoonery.
    I personally enjoyed the curb stomping of the Goober Cult. Please repeat - also with the Horns- then continue your annual ownage by the One Who Left You.

BamaFan1137 and Orange_N_White like this.
  11. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I know he said something about "going number 1". He might have been addressing school kids, because I think he said something about poo before that.

12. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

He didn’t rip his shirt off, which a step up for his species.

dhetiger likes this.
  13. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure Orgeron wants to do continue this year. I think we will be some better this year. I guess we will see how much better.

14. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I never said I was relying on closed captions to understand Orgeron. I don’t understand anybody if there is any kind of background noise. Make fun of someone nearly deaf you asshole. It will happen to you someday and then let’s see you laugh.

15. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

Calm yourself. You just proved you have no issues with hearing since Orgeron is well known for creating CC translations that about to gibberish. That's the whole basis for my post. You would know that if you use CC while watching LSU broadcasts. It's the stuff of legend and a well known joke around the CFB community.

Of course you knew that, you're just playing the "I'm deaf you asshole" card because your coach is borderline illiterate. My post had nothing to do with your age or any health issues you might be experiencing.

FYI. My parents are nearly your age and have their own list of issues that come with age...you'd best step off with that nonsense. I don't think anything like that is funny or the basis for a joke. Your coach being a buffoon on the other hand...

16. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Do you really believe Orgeron is a buffoon? He is doing as well any coach in the SEC right now building a football program. I predict after the next recruiting class (2020) LSU will be even with AL. In fact I believe we will be close this year, but not quite there. But give us a few turnovers and we might’ve lucky. This is probably the best defense we have ever had.

Orgeron is anything but a buffoon and don’t need to play any “cards” for him.

17. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

I think O is a buffoon. The best thing he has done as HC is hire assistant coaches and then have enough sense to step back and let them coach. To be fair, I don't believe that he's actually making those hires but to his credit he is mostly staying out of their way.

His job is to be the figure head of the program...do interviews, meet with groups like the video above and entertain them. I think it's possible that LSU can be successful if this holds true. How successful? We'll see.

As far as Bama in 2019, I think we're a bit down. It's possible that we go undefeated in the regular season but I personally don't think we'll be as good as we have been the last few years.

18. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

His winning percentage as a head coach is roughly 50% which screams mediocre. He beats women, fights in bars, drinks heavily, and tries to fight his players.

So yeah, buffoonery is a good word to describe him.

billywayneluck likes this.
  19. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

If you think he is the figure head then you know less about LSU than Pop. Think about what you are saying. Who the heck you think is doing all that recruiting? You go listen to the quotes of the recruits and their parents. Listen to the quotes of the players. He does hire good assistants. You are right about that.

People want to look at his record and include the Ole Miss games. Well look at it. He went to Ole Miss, it was a dumpster fire when he got there. He recruited well and left some good players which the AR coach used to have good teams for a couple of years and it went into the dumpster again. His record since Ole Miss is pretty damn good.

The Ole Miss AD has said it was a mistake firing him. The guy at USC said it was a mistake to not retain him. He has trained under some top HC such as Jimmy Johnson, the other Miami Coaches, and Pete Carroll at USC. A lot of the changes at LSU are based on what he learned about a program under them.

As far not being in charge, if you may remember he hired and the fired an OC a year later which cost LSU a lot of money. But they fired him because Orgeron said to do it. That makes him a HC and more than a figure head.

19 Bill_D, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  20. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Well, what we know now is you don’t know what a buffoon is and need to look it up in the dictionary.

I also very patiently and in good faith told you I could not understand him or anybody else if there was more than one person in the room and I even had to have cc to watch TV. Then you made some crappy remark about good luck with closed cc understanding Orgeron. If you don’t think it is funny or the base for a joke why did you do it?

21. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

SMH

Lawurd you drank an extra cup of homer juice this morning didn't you?

Here, let me help you:
    [​IMG]

and watch this:

22. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Or maybe you don't. I do have some insight and you know I do, of course.

O can tell a story, especially to cajuns, and he can entertain people. He's a likeable guy to some people...but he can also be entirely unreasonable and randomly belligerent AF. He isn't a man who can organize complicated tasks but he is passionate about football and particularly LSU football. Those two characteristics make him loved by some and hated by others within his own organization.

I'm not telling you this stuff to piss you off and get you going. I'm telling you because it's true and it's pretty widely known. He and Canada almost got into fist fights several times. Canada isn't the only staff member that's had issues like that with him but it was certainly more pronounced with him.

Believe what you like. I'm personally not well positioned to know nearly as much stuff about Bama as I am LSU. So, when I want to learn things about Bama, I listen to those who I trust that are. IMHO you should do the same.

23. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

He's telling you that CC can't understand him either. There are several examples on YouTube where CC has him saying completely random crap. It's not some joker making fun of him...the CC literally has no idea what he's saying.

24. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

@Bill_D

You are very selective in what you see. I would be too if I were you.

25. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Vince Lombardi was was dead ass on when he said “ you are what your record says you are”.

Thats a powerful statement. I use it all the time -as it applies to business, family, life and especially yow yow footbaawwww

BamaFan1137 and billywayneluck like this.
  26. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I tell you simply this. He did not have a fist fight with Canada. He had a hell of an argument. But consider this. If Orgeron was a figure head of a coach he would have been gone, not Canada. If your insight is telling you he is a figure head maybe you need to get more insight. No disrespect to him.

Orgeron is definitely the HC and runs the show. You know as well as I do that LSU would never have a situation like you describe. Anyway Orgeron is in total control of the program.

LSU is probably currently at least one of the top 10 Athletic programs in the country. They wouldn’t do a crazy deal like you are suggesting, having a figure head running there most valuable program by far.

If he was having all that trouble with people he would be gone and they would have another less troublesome figurehead.

I know some people who are involved in the decision making in the hiring of coaches. Believe me your theory would surprise hell out of them. They are the ones with oversight on the AD. They are my insight.

27. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

It's good to see our boy @Bill_D still has his LSU colored glasses!

BamaFan1137 and Bama_Gator like this.
  28. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I know that. I was saying literally in my first post I don’t understand anything if there is background noise like even 3 people in the conversation. With music in the background it is over as far as my hearing it. I never even listen to the press conferences or anything. I have not seen a news program on TV in years. I do read about them in the paper and on the Internet.

If I misunderstood his intent about the cc remark I apologize.

29. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

No way in HAYELL @Bill_D answers this one.

30. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

After a post by 1137 I believe I miss understood your cc post. I apologize for it.

We all wear colored glasses. But we don’t all demean people by name calling. Orgeron is not a buffoon at least as far as the LSU football program is concerned. He is doing a hell of a job. Take a look. We haven’t caught AL yet but we will in a year or so.

You need to take a look at the LSU program Orgeron is building. He is recruiting nationally and having big success at it. He has 3 5* from places like Washington DC Area and California. He has some Top 100 recruits from other places in the US. Those recruits don’t have a problem understanding him.

He has improved the assistant coaching situation at LSU. This year he will have as many or more analysts on staff at LSU as Nick has at AL. He has also made a lot other changes in the program.

Before you call a person a buffoon you should check things out and make sure you are not just doing it because he has a funny sounding voice.

31. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

We wouldn’t call him a buffoon if it was just the way he talked. Laughing about the CC and making songs like yaw yaw sure, but his buffoonery goes beyond that. I think you know that too - hence the visceral reaction to a well known joke.

Now Orgeron is 0-2 over Malzook- so he does have that going for him. I think he should ask for a raise if he makes it 0-3 this fall.

32. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Since you seem to know how he has been a buffoon the last 3 years maybe you can enlighten me. I don’t know anything in the last 5 years that would warrant that and a buffoon would not have the success he is enjoying particularly in recruiting. You can be sure the recruits and their families he has from all over the country don’t look on him as a buffoon. Neither do the players and coaches and they are much closer to the situation than you or anyone on this board. The AD, the President and the BOS who hired him don’t think that. You people are victims of the Goebles Effect.

33. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

I said, "almost got into fist fights several times" and it's absolutely true.

Believe whatever you want.

34. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

I love @Bill_D and his blind devotion to all things LSU.

35. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

1. You believe what you want. We both agree he didn’t actually have a fight. But he did fire him and LSU had to pay him $1.7 MM because he as HC fired him. Not figure head HC. But as I said believe what you want.

36. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Less than your blind devotion to AL. At least I don’t call other schools derogatory names.

37. Sanctions Stand

Sanctions Stand Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

ill give it a shot...

"all bach a poochhha caaa mannnniii inn a calllllla veeerrr at vennnnn beeeffffttt..... once... ha ha ha ha ha ha"

38. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

You understand about 50% of what I type and your overwhelming homerism eats up the other 50%...why do I bother?

Btw, O wanted Canada gone a long time before he was actually fired. I wonder how Canada survived as long as he did since O run shit....per you?

Your out of your depth but too proud to admit it. So again, why do I bother?

39. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You shouldn’t bother. It was in the middle of the season and Canada had installed a very different offensive system with which they had to finish the season. Canada actually saw he had made a huge rift and apologized. He told many people including the media in at least one incidence that he wanted to stay at LSU. But Orgeron did not want him. He fired him at the end of the season the next day. Those are facts. They had already negotiated a buyout so he could be gone at once. Check them with your source. When he gets on the B0S maybe he can be mysource.

40. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

@Pops Masterson can you run a quick fact check of @Bill_D 's claims?

Need a verified insider to help out on this one.