2013 Kick Six Referee

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by derek_tiger, Aug 30, 2019.

1. derek_tiger

derek_tiger Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

IF.. you guys don't think the refs are considering other factors besides calling the game on the field... please explain this:

Finebaum had Matt Austin on yesterday, one of the SEC football referees and the head guy that called the 2013 Kick Six Iron Bowl. Check out his comments below…..

On Finebaum, he recalls leaving Jordan Hare after the Kick 6, “scared to death” that they messed something up for Alabama and cost the SEC a championship...

Said his first thought was, "Oh, no, did we get this call right? Did we just cost Alabama a shot that the national title".

1. It's amazing they admit they were even thinking about what's best for Alabama.
    2. It's amazing they admit they were even thinking about what's best for the conference.

Just incredible... I mean, WTF... :eek:

2. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

If it had been auburn you wouldn’t have an issue with those comments. I’m sure you’d think they cost Auburn a championship, and it will still be bammers fault.

Lol. Predictable LBS.

3. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

Predictable is right. The only thing you left out is throwing out a 'victim' word...

You were the first one I knew would be unable to extract yourself from your bammer inbrednesss to see anything wrong with an 'independent' ref having these thoughts. When I ref'd HS & small college BBall games, we were trained to never even look at the score, much less filter our thoughts with BS like 'who might win' or 'did we hurt the conference'... disgusting is what this is.

I wouldn't care if this was UK vs. UT or Sewanee vs. The School of the Blind, this is Mexican level corruption thinking. Nice of you to hold up the bammer creed. :oops:

4. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

Cliched and overly melodramatic. I also expect a lengthier essay from you - please reference some of xl's work as a reference in that regard.

You can do better.

C minus.

5. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

*F* for effort in trying to quantify this as rational thought.

One would at least think 'some bammer' would be on record here to call out this display of bias and prejudice. Then again, I would have thought 'some bammers' would have stopped the teabagger on the drunk LSU fan. Nah... just win baby. Sad.

Thought I read your name in William Bradford Huie's article of spuat football and why he quit following it.... maybe it was your grandad. :oops::rolleyes:

6. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

They are probably doubled over laughing at you complaining about bias and prejudice while displaying bias and prejudice.

I'm sure they will catch their breath soon enough. Hang tight.

7. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

I'm not a Head Ref in the SEC... but keep moving those goalposts...

8. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

You're getting desperate now. Might want to regroup and try again.

9. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

It’s not amazing. IMO the first priority in any decision the SEC office or refs make is how does this affect AL. How does this affect AL getting to the NC. They believe winning a N.C. is extremely important. They believe that AL is the SEC team who is most likely to win a N.C. Therefore keep AL safe to appear.

I don’t believe that a ref would consciously cheat to help AL but AL needing to win is subconsciously in their minds. His comment was a Freudian slip as to what is in the mind of everybody associated with the SEC.

derek_tiger likes this.
  10. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

Amazing... you've offered no explanation of how this is completely OOB for a ref... but I need to regroup. Hang in there, Don Quioxte!

#selfawarness101

11. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Amazing to us that you are whining even after a fluke win allowed by said call.

billywayneluck and BamaFan1137 like this.
  12. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever officiated a game? I have and your always second guessing yourself, if you're worth a damn that is. And yes, you would absolutely worry that a call you made could have huge ramifications on a teams season.

Furthermore, all you have to do is watch any good team playing a mediocre or bad team and you will see the refs allowing more holding, ect. from the bad team because the contest isn't at all evenly matched. That in itself shows you that yep, these guys are human and they're thinking about more than one man vs another.

13. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Two words....horse shit.

14. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

FFS Derek, the actual call went your way. He didn't cheat Auburn. He was worried about whether he had fvcked up the call.

Tap the brakes. You weren't cheated...so put away the *victim card.

*you wanted it, you're welcome :)

15. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

This is why you're a bammer... and will be nothing more. You simply cannot separate yourself from your bammer'ness' to understand what this ref is thinking is completely 180 degrees of what he should be thinking. It doesn't fvcking matter what game is being played... it matters that he is concerned about issues other than calling the game as he sees it.

All you and the other cretin can see is an AU guy complaining about a game Auburn won. Damn its painful trying to bridge the IQ gap with your kind.

16. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

Steve... its NOT about this single game. Its about refs... Why can't your kind understand that??

17. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

See Derek, this is how I know you're wrong. lmao

Bill, Auburn wasn't cheated. They made the right call on the field and it didn't go Bama's way....so obviously you were FOS when you said....

18. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

You sound like a liberal and there's really no talking you down when you get to this point.

You cited an example...in that example, a human man questioned his performance, Auburn wasn't cheated and Auburn won the game.

If you think for a moment that an official has never questioned himself over a call that went against Auburn or any other team for similar reasons then I can't help you. Before you get pissed and bang out your retort, give it a think.

Pops Masterson likes this.
  19. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

It’s a conspiracy!!
    Lol

20. xl883lo

xl883lo One Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

My brother worked with a guy who helped coach his son's middle school team. They had a RB who had matured early, was a year older and a hell of a natural athlete at about 6'-0 "/ 220#. In one game this kid was absolutely running wild and they were up by 4 or 5 scores early. Kid breaks loose on a pass and only has one player to beat, a safety who was your typical 5'-5" 120# middle schooler. RB runs flat over him going in for the score. Back judge blows his whistle and throws his flag. My brother's co-worker asked him what the penalty was. He said the ref just mumbled for a second and then said "I don't know it just didn't seem fair".

BamaFan1137 likes this.
  21. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

Bro you are the one who started this discussion all about the bammer conspiracy. You’re also the one that keeps fighting and arguing over a call that went your team’s way. Don Quioxte indeed - although you should look in the mirror to see him.

Lololololol

22. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

Belly laugh... a human man questioned his performance? I guess Omar was OK saying 'some people did something' for 911, too?

What is simply profound is how the ref in question produces the words from his own mouth... 'did I screw ALABAMA'? 'Did I get the calls right but prevent ALABAMA from possibly winning the NC'? Your 'paraphrase' totally leaves that out! Talk about a blind spot... is protecting the brand so important you can't even admit the ref's pondering is totally misguided? [redundant]

He can question his performance all day long... fine. He should. We all should do this in our jobs. Admitting they were 'scared to death' and asking himself 'did we screw over spaut' is NOT questioning his performance. It's a thought process revealing favoritism that has no place in a judge's, referee's, etc... mind.

And if it weren't for the bammer mental disorder I've observed for 45 years, you'd agree. You guys just can't take yourselves out of your shells. I knew I should have made up a different analogy, like UK vs. Duke basketball or something similar.... knew the answer before I posted.

BTW, Happy Birthday (late) dude... :D

23. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

24. mobala_tiger62

mobala_tiger62 Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Sumbitch can smile....

25. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Ummm...wut? I don't understand the comparison. Like at all. So no, I guess.

Because that's not what he said. Re-read your own post with his quote. I just did and that's not in there. He was asking himself, did I get this call wrong and screw Bama out of a shot for the title? You invented your additional spin to his comment because that's what you wanted to hear. I can do that too...maybe he meant, "did I screw Bama out of a title? I sure hope so."

That's not what he said either but if I want to be a victim....

No man, it's not. You're reaching and I'm stunned that you don't see that.

Sure as shit I hope there isn't an official out there who isn't terrified of screwing ______ out of a chance to play for a title.

Thanks...I must be part grape because I'll be damned if I'm not just a bit finer than I was a year ago.

26. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Meaning did we get the call right or wrong.

If we got it wrong, did we just cost them their shot at the title.

You've somehow twisted that to mean, "Did my accurate call just cost Bama a shot at the title" meaning he questioned whether or not he should have made the right call. LOL, that's not what he said or meant. This is silly.

But we're stuck in a shell that prevents us from seeing things as they truly are? Haha, ok.

billywayneluck likes this.
  27. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

His hatred for all things Bammer blinds him.

28. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

He makes presumptions based on his bias and then he's dumbfounded when others don't see it the same way.

Clearly he is taking the officials comment out of context. I mean it's crystal clear.

29. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

You'd expect he might be more interested in tonight's game with Oregon, and how Bo Nix will perform as a Freshman QB. Whether Gus will fvck this kid up like so many others, or maybe his dad's coaching will take over and show some promise. Instead he's lamenting about games from six years ago.

LOL

Bama_Gator likes this.
  30. Bama_Gator

Bama_Gator Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Sad to see the once proud fambuleeh fall to this level of celebrating 2-3 fluke wins over a decade of mediocrity... and STILL display this level of “victimhood “over a call that went their way enabling winning the biggest game in their history. Derek is as deluded as he is tall. Once again proving my theory that IQ and height are inversely proportional. It is as indisputable as Newton’s Law of Gravity .
    Maybe I name this one Gators Law of Futility.

31. mobala_tiger62

mobala_tiger62 Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You and that ref deserve a good case of dick cancer..IYAM!...

32. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

Wow - get a call right as a ref and the winning fans wish dick cancer on you six years later!

33. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Fluke win?
    Why is that the biggest game in AU's history? Wouldn't the two BCS NC games be bigger?

34. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Trying hard to boat my oars.

dhetiger likes this.
  35. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

We should put this foolishness to rest and focus on the real issue of the day:
    [​IMG]

BamaFan1137 and dhetiger like this.
  36. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Haha...that's hilarious.

dhetiger likes this.
  37. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

It’s the ABC affiliate in South Bend. You think a big name football community would know better. I guess they don’t know shit outside of their beloved Irish program.

dhetiger likes this.
  38. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

I guess the "Ru-dy! Ru-dy!" cheer just became "Re-tard! Re-tard!"

BamaFan1137 and billywayneluck like this.
  39. derek_tiger

Expand Collapse

2 clear pull quotes from the ref's own mouth... and somehow that equals my bias and taking those words 'did we screw up Alabama' out of context.

Fvcking impossible. Not at all surprised. Brand protected. Carry on.

40. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

I can only imagine the tantrum you would throw if the call didn’t go Auburn’s way.

Even when you win - it’s still bammers fault. Lol