1137....About your nephew ....

Discussion in 'ArizonaSportscast' started by Bill_D, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Now that Aranda is HC at Baylor do you think your nephew will get the position you thought he would get at UNLV?

2. BamaFan1137

BamaFan1137 Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

He should find out in the next week or two if he's headed to Baylor. He's hopeful but there's a lot of competition. If it isn't Baylor, I'm pretty sure it will be Utah St or some small school in Arizona.

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Well, good luck to him. He has been part of something big. He can have that all his life to look back on. Did you ever answer my question about him being a walk-on QB or was it some other position? Anyway, I hope he gets the position.

Utah State seems like a good place for a young coach to go. A lot of good coaches got a good start there. I believe Aranda was one and there are a number of others.

I understand Aranda may get Fedora for OC. Aranda seems to be doing a good job on his staff.

3 Bill_D, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    BamaFan1137 and dhetiger like this.
  4. billywayneluck

billywayneluck Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

1137 is your nephew sticking with football long term or just enjoying the experience while he can? Cool either way.

5. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

He didn't play football in college. He wants to be a coach so he's been involved with LSU football at some level since his sophomore year. He graduated in January.

Aranda is the reason he will have a shot at Utah St if he doesn't land in Baylor. He and Aranda have a solid relationship.

Konigstiger and dhetiger like this.
  6. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

He's in it for a career. He double majored in Business Administration and Sports Management. He's already taken his GRE so he's good to go for his Masters which he will earn as a GA somewhere.

Konigstiger and dhetiger like this.
  7. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

Good for him. What a fun experience for those that get the chance.

May need him to come home one day - not talking about South Louisiana either.

BamaFan1137 and dhetiger like this.
  8. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Sort of like the assistant coaches for Chizik in 2010. He was an over rated HC - like the wife beater - but somehow or other there is a banner on the wall.

9. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Why don’t you give it up? Everybody has you figured out as you can see from this string. Do something else. Tell us about AU next year like I did in this string.

10. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

Just trying to help my old buddy realize how this will play out. See Gene Chizik for future reference. He was a highly sought after DC. Great recruiter. Got a HC gig and flopped at Iowa St. Then got a job at a top tier program, inherited some great players (and managed to get Cam) and pulled off a perfect season.

Sound familiar?

11. Pops Masterson

Pops Masterson Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Bill has closed his eyes and plugged his ears. Orgeron’s year in the limelight is over.

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA likes this.
  12. HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Expand Collapse

I keep trying to tell him this - for his sake, of course - but he won’t listen.

13. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly the same. Coach O acquired a lot of the players he had. He saw something in a portal
    QB no other big time Coach saw. I doubt if Chizik would have taken him. The QB he took was not the top priced QB in the history of college football. Unlike Coach Chizik please notice Coach O recruits top 1en classes or higher, something Chizik never did.

Now do like I ask, please give us a review of AU in 2020. Maybe Pop or a Bama fan will tell us a little about AL in 2020.

14. BKHusky

BKHusky Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Chizik's 1st full class was ranked 4th on Rivals, his 2nd full class was ranked 6th.

Also the "top prized QB in the history of CFB" chose Auburn over Miss State and I think Kansas State. Little bit of revisionist history here, it isn't like Cam was a slam dunk prospect out of JUCO.

For the record, I have no idea if O will turn out like Chizik. There are similarities, but only time will tell if he's a top level coach or if he caught lightning in a bottle in 2019.

15. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Well, Coach O trained under Jimmie Johnson and Erikson(sp) at Miami in their big years and under Pete Carrol at USC. So he has a good background. He is a tireless worker and excellent recruiter. He also is a great organizer and judge of talent. He likes assistant coaches who teach. That is one of the reason he went after Pelini. He built up the “shadow coaches” staff, (analysts) until it became equal or better than other teams. He is a top motivator. That goes for coaches as well as players.

Speaking of lightning in a bottle, I listened to 3 people explain why they thought the LSU offense was so good. Smart was the one I liked best. He said that LSU had so many options in their 5 skill players TE, RB, 3 WR that one was always open and Burrow was good about finding him. The skill players were always good and made a play. Smart said GA tried to run the same plays but didn’t have the skill players to do it.

Jimbo Fisher said about the same thing Burrow, but added that he felt Burrow felt confident all the time because of the success of the playmakers and his confidence made him even better.

LSU will have the same situation next year on play makers and the potential QB, Brennan, can throw the ball. He also graduated from LSU in 3 years like Burrow did from Ohio State and best of all he learned how to be a QB following Burrow around. They were inseparable in training and going to the film room. So he should be ready to play. The biggest problem will be the OL, probably center. But LSU has some a lot of good players to rebuild it, including some who have started games. Cregg did a good job this year and he needs to one next year. One good thing is both the OL and DL coaches have coached in the NFL.

16. dhetiger

dhetiger Four Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Both Erickson and Carroll led programs that were hit by the NCAA for rules violations. Perhaps Coach O had a hand in buying some of the most high priced recruiting classes in history.

17. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

LOL. A guy from either AU or AL talking recruiting violations and buying players is laughable. AU probably payed more for one player than anybody in the history of college football. They were in a real bidding war and won it.

18. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

Well we already knew Orgeron is a pretty scummy person just based on his violent past, so I don’t think it’s unfair to suspect him being scummy while he’s recruiting football players.

19. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

LOL. Coming from the guy who makes claims about the greatness of a compliance department. LSU cheats, too, Bill. I know you'll disagree because you seem to suffer from rectal-cranial inversion when it comes to LSU not being Lily white, but it's true. At least the AU and AL fans will admit it.

Also, were you refuting what I said about Miami and USC? You are the one talking about who Coach O learned from.

20. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You are wrong here. For one thing Orgeron is managing the depth chart on the basis of top players leaving after 3 years. So we have a top 22 of players who have played a lot and have 2-3 years experience. Some even have starts under their belt. The only problem is QB and I don’t anticipate that our QB will be worse than AL and AU. Probably better. So LSU will do a lot of scoring. You all better pray we have problems next year. By November LSU O will be lethal again.

21. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

First AU and AL cheat like Miami and USC, particularly AL. They are better than everybody else. But there is more to a HC job than recruiting. He has a department of 30 or more employers to hire and organize into a unit.

You really don’t read my posts, do you? What I said about the compliance department was that once the athletes (all of them) get on campus they have to toe the line. And they do or they are suspended or whatever the rules call for. What I infer is that other schools don’t follow the rules because I don’t see first stringers punished by suspensions except some at FL.

The compliance department can hardly ever get into recruiting. They don’t at LSU or imagine anywhere else. Occasionally something will spill over if it is s big deal then they handle it. In fact they had Wade suspended last year. But dealing with recruits don’t take place until they are actually in school anywhere.

22. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

I do read your posts. You literally made the claim that LSU has the best compliance department in the country without having a damn thing to backup the claim. Every school suspends starters and it's been pointed out to you before. You could've said "I think LSU's compliance department...." but you didn't. In this thread, Honk merely showed a comparison between Chizik and Orgeron, which was actually a valid comparison. Will Orgeron go the same route? Who knows. Time will tell. He had a great season this past year, so congrats to him and LSU. You responded to Honk by basically calling Chizik a cheater (highest priced QB in history per you) and saying Chizik didn't recruit Top 10 classes (which Husky shot down immediately). You then went on to point out various coaches that O learned under, two of whom got their programs put on NCAA probation. So, instead of refuting that, you decided to go at me about AU and AL cheating, even though you fired the first shot about cheating with your "highest priced QB in history" shit. I hate to be the one to burst this little bubble of yours, but LSU cheats. They cheat just like everyone else does. You can continue to be the ostrich if you want.

23. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

This paragraph is so wrong that I can't believe an educated person typed it. There are rules in recruiting that compliance departments absolutely have to make sure are being followed. A big example of a compliance department getting involved in recruiting was when AU's department shutdown Trooper and Luper's Tiger Prowl tour of various AL cities as a recruiting tool.

BamaFan1137 likes this.
  24. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

25. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

Honk gave you an example of a WR from AU who was kicked off the team for drugs (Kyle Davis). Not a 6 game suspension, but kicked off the effing team. LSU is no better and no worse than anyone else when it comes to compliance. You are either too blind or too.... nevermind. It's not worth it.

25 dhetiger, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    BamaFan1137 likes this.
  26. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

My nephew says you're FOS. He used to believe as you do, now he knows better. It's not that Bama and AU don't cheat (as does any program worth a shit), but LSU cheats with the best of them.

No program with a fanbase the size of our fanbases can run a clean program....even if they want to, which they don't. Keep drinking the koolaid if you wish but this has always been a ridiculous talking point from you. One of several in fact.

OLOL sez hai btw.

dhetiger likes this.
  27. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

This part is particularly LOL retarded. You have players who will play next year who have their hand out. So does Auburn, so does Bama, so does UGA, so does....., ect...

dhetiger likes this.
  28. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

BS and both of you know it. He was kicked off for more serious problems and or the marijuana issue would have never come up. Much more serious problems.

29. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Where did I say LSU don’t cheat? The other poster said Orgeron must have learned his cheating from Miami and USC and said that they were the worst. I just infered AU and AL were bad and AL was the best at it. That’s the truth.

30. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

It's simply not true Bill. We aren't losing some of the head to head recruiting battles with LSU because we're always better at cheating than LSU. We win some, LSU wins some...but LSU beat us out on the highest profile target that we went head to head on. That should tell you something.

dhetiger likes this.
  31. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

It was also pointed out that most people know that Orgeron is a scuzbucket due to his violent domestic past.

But you already knew that.

32. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

33. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

You are probably the only one to think he is more of a s cuz up ket than Saban.

34. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

You are full of shit. Stop this bullshit holier than thou act. Davis was kicked off for drugs. Period. End of story. You're a fvcking dumbass for continuing this crap.

billywayneluck likes this.
  35. Pops Masterson

Expand Collapse

I don’t really have a dog in this fight since bammer doesn’t have drug issues, but I must say that it has got to be hard for @Bill_D to see you from his ivory tower.

billywayneluck and dhetiger like this.
  36. dhetiger

Expand Collapse

If he only knew that his ivory tower was either (a) built using illegally poached ivory from endangered species in Africa, or (b) made from paper mache, he might learn to shut the entire fvck up.

Pops Masterson likes this.
  37. Bill_D

Bill_D Three Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

this
    What are you trying to tell me? I’m not denying you anything. I don’t know for sure what the inducement was, but there probably was some. But that doesn’t mean our inducement was better or worse. If there is not much difference the player still might like one better than the other.

Frankly LSU did beat out AL this time for a number of high quality players they both went after. A couple of DT, a WR, a LB , and a couple of others as well as Arik Gilbert. But most of them were from LA. So what are you saying, LSU is cheating more than AL? Who still has a class higher than LSU? I think we are #4 aren’t we?

I will repeat again. Until I see some AL etc. players started getting suspended for 6 games or even any games will I believe your compliance dept does as much as LSU’s compliance dept. After all you and others on this board are the ones insisting to me that all the schools have the dope smoking problem. Then they should have suspensions under the NCAA Rules.

38. BamaFan1137

Expand Collapse

Ffs, are you serious? I've said equally several times. In some circumstances I'm certain Bama out-cheats LSU while in others the opposite is true.

The whole episode of "the SEC is in Birmingham so therefore Bama has an advantage" is very similar to what we're talking about here. People try to justify getting their ass kicked by calling their opponent cheaters. That's human nature. Orgeron called the 2019 Bama-LSU game one of the best officiated football games that he's ever been a part of....which is no surprise since LSU won. If LSU had lost that game, I doubt he makes that statement. Similarly, when Bama is on top, whiney ass fans are going to make excuses about why that happened but those claims, obviously, aren't based on reality. Yes, Bama's players got extra benefits...but so did yours and so did UGA's, Clemson's, Ohio State's, Oklahoma's, ect...

LSU kicked our ass. Bama wasn't cheated. I'd venture to say the opposite was also true the previous 8 meetings despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

BKHusky, Pops Masterson and dhetiger like this.
  39. BKHusky

BKHusky Two Star Poster
    Expand Collapse

Good luck getting through. We have LSU's head basketball coach (not a booster, not some handler, THE HEAD FREAKIN COACH) on tape discussing how good of an offer they made to a recruit, who later signed with LSU, and Bill completely discards it.

40. billywayneluck

Expand Collapse

That’s their world class Compliance department at work!

dhetiger likes this.